Thai Green Curry with Crispy Tofu
- 3 Servings
- 15 mins Prep Time
- 45 mins Total Time
Created by My Bowl
For the Crispy Tofu:
1 14 oz. block Nasoya Extra Firm Tofu, pressed
1 tbsp low-sodium tamari
2 tbsp nutritional yeast
For the Green Curry:
1 tbsp coconut oil
4-5 tbsp green curry paste
1 13.5 oz can full-fat coconut milk
1 tbsp coconut sugar
3 cups mixed vegetables, chopped (such as peppers, pumpkin, bamboo shoots, and/or eggplant)
Crispy tofu, above
Cooked rice, for serving
If you don’t want to press your tofu, you can use Nasoya’s Super Firm Tofu instead!
- Preheat the oven to 425F. Cut the pressed tofu block in half lengthwise, then cut each rectangle into 16 even cubes.
- Add the cubed tofu to a large bowl. Pour the tamari over the tofu, then use a spatula to gently toss until evenly coated. Add in the nutritional yeast and repeat.
- Transfer the tofu to a baking sheet lined with a silicone mat, leaving space between each piece. Bake on the top rack of the oven for 20 minutes, then carefully flip and bake for another 20-25 minutes. In the meantime, prepare the green curry.
- Bring a nonstick pan to medium heat and add the coconut oil. Once melted, add in the green curry paste; fry the paste for 90 seconds, to bring out the flavors.
- Add the coconut milk and coconut sugar to the pan and mix until well combined. Add in the mixed vegetables, stir well, and bring the heat to high. Once the mixture starts to bubble, reduce the heat to medium-low and let simmer, covered, for 15-17 minutes, until the vegetables are tender.
- Place some cooked rice into each serving bowl, then top with green curry and crispy tofu. Serve warm.