Nasoya Silken tofu is ideal for replacing eggs or dairy to create a...
Pie Crust (or use a ready-made pie crust):
- 1 ½ cup unbleached pre-sifted flour (or whole wheat flour)
- 1 tbls sugar ¼ tsp salt 1 stick butter (chilled and cut into 8 slices)
- 3-4 tbls ice water
- 1pkg Nasoya Silken Tofu, drained
- ½ c regular or lowfat cream cheese
- 2 c pumpkin puree
- ¾ c brown sugar or ½ cup honey
- 2 tbsp apple juice concentrate
- ½ tsp each cloves and allspice
- ¼ tsp each ginger and nutmeg
- 3 tbsp arrowroot (natural thickener - available at most supermarkets)
- 1 tsp vanilla
Pie Crust: Preheat oven to 425º F. Place flour, sugar, salt and butter in a food processor and blend until mixture resembles oatmeal. With the machine running, gradually pour in the ice water and continue blending until the dough forms a ball. Remove and slightly flatten. Wrap in plastic wrap and chill for 30 minutes. Roll out the dough to 1/8â€ thick and place into a lightly oiled pie pan. Trim the edges, leaving a 1-inch overhang. Fold the edges under and crimp. Line the pie with a piece of foil, shiny side down, and pour in either pie weights or dried beans. Press down and bake for 15 minutes. Remove foil and weights or beans.
Pie: Preheat oven to 325º F. Place the tofu, cream cheese, pumpkin, brown sugar, apple juice, spices and arrowroot in a food processor and blend until there are no lumps and mixture is smooth. Pour into prepared pie shell and bake for one hour. Remove, cool, and chill.